TEACHR - teach street art series pt 1. : How to cut a stencil.
1. Get image onto regular 16lb paper like out of copier.
A. Draw it on
B. Use a printed copy out of a copier.
2. Spray paint a layer of flat white 2x cover Rustoleum paint and primer on the side of the paper opposite the image. Let it dry.
3. Use a smooth wood cutting board, smooth cardboard, or a plastic cutting board. Spray a light layer of 3m Super 77 spray adhesive on the cutting board.
A. For detailed stencils spray a little heavier layer.
4. Roll the paper down onto the cutting board and smooth it out.
5. Cut out the stencil and peel away the appropriate pieces.
A. Creases forming and how to fix.
6. Spray another layer of adhesive, roll down the screen and smooth it out.
7. For bigger stencils using drywall wide tape, peel it up and its ready to go.
A. For detailed stencils using fiberglass window screen, use Elmer's glue to glue the screen down to the stencil.
8. Lay the stencil in the hot direct sun or use a heat gun to dry the glue and get the adhesive to let up and peel up the stencil now ready to use.
A. Using knife to help peel the stencil.
B. Repairing if pieces didn't stick.
9. Using the stencil
A. Cleaning, storing, durability.
10. Using stencil to make another stencil. Enjoy!